ATEM Setup won't upgrade the ATEM Mini Pro plus stops

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

tsteuver

ATEM Setup won't upgrade the ATEM Mini Pro plus stops

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 1:18 am

I have 2 somewhat related issues. Using ATEM Mini Pro. I installed 8.6.3 on my desktop. ATEM Setup sees the AMP and says the AMP is 8.6.1 but it will not prompt to update it.

Also I have the same 8.6.3 installed on my laptop and is on the same network as the desktop and AMP. I can ping the AMP. But when I run ATEM Setup, it says "No ATEM found" for about 3 seconds and then goes away. Software Control will not run at all. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and even downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled.

The desktop is running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the laptop is running Windows 10 Home 20H2 but that shouldn't keep it from running. All devices are hardwired to a single switch and the internet router is on the same switch.

Any ideas how to get the AMP to upgrade to 8.6.3 and to get the laptop working?

Raphaël Jacquot

Re: ATEM Setup won't upgrade the ATEM Mini Pro plus stops

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 8:17 am

tsteuver wrote:I have 2 somewhat related issues. Using ATEM Mini Pro. I installed 8.6.3 on my desktop. ATEM Setup sees the AMP and says the AMP is 8.6.1 but it will not prompt to update it.

Also I have the same 8.6.3 installed on my laptop and is on the same network as the desktop and AMP. I can ping the AMP. But when I run ATEM Setup, it says "No ATEM found" for about 3 seconds and then goes away. Software Control will not run at all. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and even downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled.

The desktop is running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the laptop is running Windows 10 Home 20H2 but that shouldn't keep it from running. All devices are hardwired to a single switch and the internet router is on the same switch.

Any ideas how to get the AMP to upgrade to 8.6.3 and to get the laptop working?

for 8.6.3, there is NO firmware update for the Atem minis
thus there is no reason for the software to require a firmware update.

I would start with checking the windows network / firewall settings.

tsteuver

Re: ATEM Setup won't upgrade the ATEM Mini Pro plus stops

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Thanks for the response. The laptop network is working properly and I have tried with the firewall on and off with no affect.

Return to Live Production