ATEM Mini Pro ISO Saved Recordings Question

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

yahboimike

ATEM Mini Pro ISO Saved Recordings Question

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 6:17 am

Hello all,

I am new owner of an ATEM Mini Pro ISO, and I am super excited to start a podcast with my brother and a well-known youtuber recommended the ATEM Mini Pro ISO. The setup has been very quick and easy; however, I have ran into a bit of a problem.

In order to use the "USB OUT" (USB-C) on the ATEM Mini Pro ISO as a way to save all my recordings, it must be plugged into a storage device (SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD)? I am currently using the "USB OUT" as a way to connect the ATEM Mini Pro ISO to the ATEM Software Control, so does the "USB OUT" not support the dual purpose (connection to the software AND a system to save my recordings)?

If the dual purpose is not possible on the "USB OUT", I could just do without the software because the physical ATEM Mini Pro ISO with a display is pretty manageable for what my team and I are trying to achieve, but it would be nice to have it for possible streams in the future. I would use the ethernet port on the ATEM Mini Pro ISO as a way to connect to the ATEM software control; however, with our current setup it is not plausible (maybe in the future). Any input would be appreciated :)

Thank you,

Raphaël Jacquot

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO Saved Recordings Question

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 7:19 am

ok, this is a classic.
you need a simple ethernet switch. you don't need to have internet access.

step 1:
use atem setup on usb to put the atem in fixed IP setting mode, and set the following:
address: 192.168.0.5
netmask: 255.255.255.0

step 2:
setup the computer's ipv4 stack to use a similar setting
address: 192.168.0.7
netmask: 255.255.255.0

step 3:
now you can connect the computer to the atem directly over the ethernet for control, and use the USB port for recording.
in the atem control software, tell it to connect to 192.168.0.5

oniongarlic

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 9:41 am

You don't even need a switch, just use a cross-over ethernet cable between your computer and the ATEM.
Check out my free and open software:
CutePocketRemote - https://www.tal.org/projects/cutepocketremote
CuteAtum - https://www.tal.org/projects/cuteatum

Raphaël Jacquot

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 12:25 pm

oniongarlic wrote:You don't even need a switch, just use a cross-over ethernet cable between your computer and the ATEM.

you need a regular cable. crossover cables have been deprecated for the last 15 or so years

Return to Live Production