Focus and Zoom Demand compatibility lenses

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

YannLux

Focus and Zoom Demand compatibility lenses

PostSun Oct 03, 2021 5:23 pm

Would someone have a list of compatible lenses which work with the new Blackmagic Focus and Zoom Demands?
Thank you!

duraleigh

Re: Focus and Zoom Demand compatibility lenses

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Bumping

Same question

Pawel Skaw

PostWed Nov 30, 2022 5:56 pm

UP

Lengthtoavoid78

PostWed Dec 14, 2022 6:17 pm

We also need to know this. The kit lenses that came from B&H don't provide control. We'd like to invest in 3 lenses that are known to work with the 4k studio pro...

BennoZ

PostWed Dec 14, 2022 7:06 pm

It's mentioned on this forum, only these lenses will work with the zoom and focus demands on the 4K Studio Plus/Pro:

Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Power O.I.S. Lens
Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4.0-5.6 Zoom OIS Lens
Olympus 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 ED M.Zuiko EZ Micro 4/3 Lens
Olympus 14-42mm M.Zuiko f/3.5-5.6 Digital ED EZ Lens

Tad Errey

PostThu Dec 15, 2022 2:15 am

I was pretty devastated to find that Canon CN-E range lenses do notremote zoom from the BMD zoom demand hooked up to the camera. I'm using the Metabones speed booster with their latest firmware.

BMD claim it's a Metabones issue, yet I put the same CN-E 70-200mm lens on my Micro Studio Cameras (with different Metabones speed boosters and smart adapters) and operated the zoom successfully via the ATEM software control and the local sBus control. So there is a proven means of controlling zoom on Canon CN-E lenses from BMD cameras via Metabones adapters.

I've raised this with BMD. Without acknowledging that it does work with older BMD cameras, they claim Metabones need to change their firmware to allow a different method of zoom control from the camera. Metabones do not agree.

In the mean while, I use the Canon zoom demand and the BMD focus demand. I'd sooner do the reverse, as I'd love to use the extra buttons on the BMD zoom demand for other features (these are not available on the Canon demand as the lens doesn't pass that kind of information back to the camera).

Tad Errey

PostThu Dec 15, 2022 10:18 pm

So Metabones' ears must've been burning.. as they released a firmware update yesterday and emailed me directly as I'd brought this up with them previously.

From their page: "Added support for the zoom control of Canon Cinema EOS CN-E 18-80mm T4.4L Compact Servo lens on Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K using ATEM Software Control;"

I don't have a BMPCC4K to test with but this surprised me as that already worked with the old firmware on the much older Micro Studio Camera 4K's with my CN-E 70-200mm lens.

Sadly it makes no improvement on the Studio Camera 4K Pro. Focus demand and remote focus via the software works, zoom demand and remote zoom via the software does not.

Return to Live Production