Connecting Atem TS 4k talkback and Williams Sound intercom

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

thomaa

Connecting Atem TS 4k talkback and Williams Sound intercom

PostTue Oct 05, 2021 2:01 pm

We are using a wireless intercom from Willams Sound (digi-wave DLT400). We want to connect this system to the TS 4k talkback. We use Blackmagic cameras with CC and tally.

I was curious if I could bridge the two using their breakout box, which has two XLRs:

My plan was to connect these on the camera side, going from XLRs to the headset input. Any thoughts or ideas might help alot :)

thanks,
thomas

thomaa

Re: Connecting Atem TS 4k talkback and Williams Sound interc

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 7:13 pm

An update.
We solved it, and are able to use the 3.party wireless intercom with the talkback in the TS and by using one of our broadcast cameras. This investigation brought me to the conclusion that BMD documentation is poor and deficient :/

Anyway. By using this product https://www.kjell.com/no/produkter/lyd- ... -mm-p20037 and some soldering, I was able to connect the docking station depicted in my previous post to the broadcast camera.
Luckily, setting F1 to Push to Talk on the camera worked as hoped. To be able to keep the mic open, double tapping F1, after programming it, solved our case. We use a decent headset on the TS to talk to the cam operator.

Return to Live Production