Playback-Problems with Hyperdeck Studio HD Plus

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

multimedic

Playback-Problems with Hyperdeck Studio HD Plus

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi everybody,

I have purchased a Hyperdeck Studio HD Plus to play videos through an Atem mini extreme iso.

This does not work reliably, even when I output videos to Premiere Pro with ProRes 4444 I can sometimes play them and sometimes not.

I can not rely on the Hyperdeck in the live broadcasts.

I would also like to be able to play H.264 videos on the hyperdeck - that only works for me if they were recorded with the hyperdeck. When I play out videos in H.264 format via Premiere Pro they are not found by the hyperdeck. :-(

Do you have any tips for me what I can do?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Playback-Problems with Hyperdeck Studio HD Plus

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 6:37 am

As far as I know ProRes or DNxHD are still the recommended formats to use for video playout from the HyperDecks as H.264 playout is not well supported. See various other threads about this:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=93139
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=108894

Note that ProRes 4444 is typically only required when outputting separate key and fill signals (for graphics or video with an alpha channel). And if you need this, it is not really supported by H.264 at all, so this wouldn't be an option for this (even if H.264 playout were well supported on the HyperDecks). For regular video without alpha, one of the other ProRes versions (LT, 422, or HQ) is usually sufficient.

multimedic

Re: Playback-Problems with Hyperdeck Studio HD Plus

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 1:06 pm

Thx Dave I gonna try that

Return to Live Production