ATEM Mini Extreme Video Compression

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Matt Sponaugle

ATEM Mini Extreme Video Compression

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 3:40 pm

Hi all, for about a year, I have been live streaming to YouTube through vMix with a relatively inexpensive 4K HD Panasonic camera via a game capture card. I was very satisfied with the overall video quality, but wanted to get some PTZ cameras and go multi-cam. I purchased the Mini Extreme and a couple PTZ cameras a few weeks ago. I've bypassed the capture card, and have the two PTZs set as Inputs 1 and 2, and the Panasonic set as Input 3 going into the switcher. I'm using the ATEM as the switcher and feeding it directly into vMix. The video from the PTZs is good, but the Panasonic image quality is WAY worse than before. It's very noisy, grainy, and much darker than before. I have increased the ISO to the max (which in turn increases the noise I'm sure), but I'm unable to use it in the multi-cam rotation as it's SO different in image quality than the other cameras.

I've searched through the forum, and haven't found any related posts, so if this is a repeat of a question that's already been asked, I apologize. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

joefish

Re: ATEM Mini Extreme Video Compression

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi,

Could this be related to the color range issues mentioned in this thread?
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=108315&p=728058&hilit=Atem+mini+color+range#p725584

Return to Live Production