Vision mixing from files

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Liam_SHOW

Vision mixing from files

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi,

I am having some trouble working out how I can vision mix from two files instead of from a camera.

I have shot an interview using two cameras and wanted to know if i can use the files as an input instead of a live camera? I am trying to do this to save my editor time, as its a very simple and just would like a edited version of both cameras. I have the ATEM software, just confused on how to select the source for cameras in the vision mixer.

Thanks.

Fred Rodrigues

Re: Vision mixing from files

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 7:28 pm

You will need something to play back the sources. If you have several cameras that have SDI or HDMI to connect to the atem you can play the files in the cameras and then switch with the atem. However getting the cameras to play back in sync with each other will be a whole other problem. If you recorded your footage on hyperdecks you can sync them if you have the right model and hardware and or software.

If you want to do this you are much better off using a multicam capable editing software, or having another recording device and doing the switch live on the shoot.
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

Quinn Quality

Re: Vision mixing from files

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Multicam edit in Premiere, FCP, AVID or Vegas would do the trick.
Qmedia.nu
Lijnbaan 16
1969 NE Heemskerk
The Netherlands

Return to Live Production