ATEM dynamically updating the Keyed media player for TVS

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

pcardelli1

ATEM dynamically updating the Keyed media player for TVS

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 3:21 am

I know this might be a solution for justmacros, but this is all new for me. I would like to create a simple interface to load lyrics for music and for titles in the lowerthirds.

I have already created such a program for a software based solution, but I only had to push plain text through an API. It appears that for this to work for the ATEM I will need to push a rendered graphic to the ATEM to change the Lyrics dynamically. I mainly code in VB.Net but if someone has an example they can share in C# or C++ and I can probably figure it out.

A great example of the parts I need to figure out, is the plugin for Photoshop. I would like to find out how to not only upload the graphic, set that graphic as media player 1 or 2, and set the media player as a keyer, but then upload a new graphic to the media player each time I hit enter or space on the keypad, and then at the end transition our the lower third. If anyone has done this or something similar I would hate to reinvent the wheel.

I can upload screenshots of the work I have done in the past, and possibly some of my code to anyone that would care to contribute. I know it is not the best but it has worked pretty good for what I'm doing right now, I just would like to get it to work directly with the ATEM so I can completely bypass another software solution.

JohnBengston

Re: ATEM dynamically updating the Keyed media player for TVS

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 3:30 am

Obviously, I'm biased, but I think this IS a job for JustMacros. Please watch this video:

Regards

John

Return to Live Production