Atem mini Extreme camera flicker issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Steve G

Atem mini Extreme camera flicker issue

PostThu Nov 18, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi I'm Steve. Totally newb at Mini extreme and on first attempt at running a church Zoom service I discovered that when switching to the audio tab of software control it caused the camera signal to sideways flicker and jump. Also when pressing any Headphone vol up/down buttons and some other buttons too it did the same thing on each press. I discovered that coming out of the software control audio screen solved the issue and the stream was perfect. I also lost sound on some occasions when the screen was flickering as well. It is the first time I have used it and not super tech savvy but know enough so any help or thoughts on what I've done wrong would be helpful. It's a basic set up of one camera and sound desk input to atem. headphones and connected to a laptop for zoom and software control and 1 monitor for camera image.
Many thanks.

Bartek Podkowa

Re: Atem mini Extreme camera flicker issue

PostFri Nov 26, 2021 12:43 pm

I've noticed this as well, in two different situations:
1) Originally (a few weeks ago), this happened to me only when switching between cameras using software control.
2) Today, it also happened when adjusting any parameters in software control. No ATEM or Pocket 6K Pro updates have been performed since last week, and I don't think Windows updated anything either. Same cable, etc were used.

This basically makes software control completely unusable. I guess I'll have to send another email to BMD support, which often leads to MANY more emails and time eaten up.

ManchesterV

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Make sure you are using a good quality USB 3.1 gen 1 cable.

Bartek Podkowa

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 10:08 pm

At least in my case it's the same cable I've been successfully using for a year or so - the problems only started after one of the ATEM software updates.

kevinviner

PostThu Mar 03, 2022 12:15 am

Exact same problem here on Mac OS Monterey. Any suggestions? Can't go to the "audio tab" on software control without major video issues.

Return to Live Production