Web Presenter 4k

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

WahWay

Web Presenter 4k

PostTue Nov 23, 2021 9:31 am

The original Web Presenter can input 2 cameras but the current Web Presenters there is only one SDI input. Do I need additional equipment to input 2 or more cameras?

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Web Presenter 4k

PostTue Nov 23, 2021 8:14 pm

Yes, you would typically use a video switcher (such as one of the ATEM models) if you wanted to be able to switch between multiple video input sources. Or you could use a multi-channel video capture device (like the DeckLink Duo 2 or DeckLink Quad 2 cards) to take multiple video sources into a computer for use with software based video switching (OBS, Wirecast, Vmix, etc.).

The original Web Presenter (combined with a Smart Panel) could operate as a kind of simple 2-input video switcher, allowing to switch between 2 connected video inputs. And it also had USB webcam output to send the current live video source into a computer. It did not support sending both video inputs into a computer over USB at the same time though.

The newer Web Presenter HD and 4K models are purely single channel video streaming devices. They accept a single video input source and can stream it directly to the web over RTMP or can send the video into a computer over USB for use with other streaming software (like some of the options mentioned earlier).

WahWay

PostTue Nov 23, 2021 11:40 pm

Can you connect the original Web Presenter with 2 camera input to the Web Presenter 4k and then switch between 2 cameras?

Dave Del Vecchio

PostThu Nov 25, 2021 4:36 am

You could feed 2 cameras into the original Web Presenter using it as a 2-input switcher, then take the program SDI output from the Web Presenter into a Web Presenter 4K for streaming purposes. That might allow you to do a simple 2 camera 4K live stream, I suppose.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve exactly though.

WahWay

PostThu Nov 25, 2021 5:47 am

It is to utilise what I already have without spending on more equipments. A minimum of 2 camera controls might be sufficient for what I have in mind.

WahWay

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 5:14 am

I heard the Web Presenter 4k can upsample 1080p signal to 4k but can it upsample 720p signal to 4k?
Likewise can it upsample 720p signal to 1080p?

Return to Live Production