Web Presenter HD monitor out to TV Studio HD input

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Fujon_Media

Web Presenter HD monitor out to TV Studio HD input

PostThu Nov 25, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi, I’m a new member here. I have what’s probably simplistic question but can I safely send the monitor out from my Web Presenter HD to an input on my Television Studio HD? I want to be able to see the monitor information within the Multiview. I searched for this but didn’t find an answer.

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Web Presenter HD monitor out to TV Studio HD input

PostFri Nov 26, 2021 11:15 pm

Yes, that should work. Just be aware that on the ATEM Television Studio HD, the resolution and frame rate of all of the video input signals must be the same and must match the video standard that the switcher is set to. So this would apply if you send the Web Presenter monitor output into the switcher as well.

According to the specifications page for the Web Presenter HD, it supports the following video standards on the HDMI and SDI Monitor Output ports: 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... s/W-WPR-02

As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a way to explicitly set the video standard of the Monitor Out from the Web Presenter through the setup utility, so it's not 100% clear how the Web Presenter decides what video standard to use. My guess would be that it probably chooses a frame rate for the monitor output that is compatible with the base frequency of the input video standard or video streaming standard. Which would mean that if you were working with say 1080i5994 or 1080p2997 video signals through the Web Presenter, the the Monitor Out format would probably be 1080p5994. And for PAL frame rates (25 or 50 fps), it would probably output 1080p50.

This would mean that the video standard of your ATEM Television Studio HD switcher is set to something other than 1080p50, 1080p59.94, or 1080p60, you might need a video standards converter such as an Mini Converter UpDownCross HD in order to convert the Web Presenter Monitor Out into a format that is compatible with the ATEM's video standard.

Fujon_Media

Re: Web Presenter HD monitor out to TV Studio HD input

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 4:18 pm

Thank you for this. I usually set everything to 30p so I guess it won't work natively for me. Not willing to tie up an up/down/cross converter for that job. Thanks again.

Return to Live Production