Actual ATEM Arduino library

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

linkus

Actual ATEM Arduino library

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Hi guys! I am looking for an up-to-date library for Arduino. I know that there is a wonderful Skaarhoj library, for which many thanks to him. But he stopped supporting it and at the moment it is not relevant, or so it seems to me. For example, i can't get aperture values ​​from ATEM. Gain data is also incorrect. I am not good at programming and I don’t know how to implement the Blackmagic SDK in Arduino. Perhaps someone else did something similar for arduino, maybe paid ones? Or at the moment the only thing left is to use libraries for Python or Node-RED?

Xtreemtec

Re: Actual ATEM Arduino library

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 2:37 pm

There is NO updated lib for Arduino.. The SDK will not run on Arduino Either. ;)

Direct interfacing to the Atem protocol is officially forbidden!! The protocol from BMD is even for us programmers off limits to get under NDA..

Thanks to the great work of Skaarhoj for reverse engineering it. But that stopped at 7.5 as there were too many changes in the protocol and they rather want to sell there panels then give the code away for free.

Also may be that BMD pressured them in a way to stop open sourcing the protocol which is not open and might even face penalties in court if you do so.

Anyway the only way to proper interface to the Atem is creating a computer program that interfaces with the BMD SDK and your hardware. There is really NO other way unless you are a good coder and have 100+ hours available to figure it out ;)

#GoodLuck
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production