Software Control Unresponsive after upgrade to 8.6.4

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kevrichardson

Software Control Unresponsive after upgrade to 8.6.4

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 5:20 pm

MacBook Pro upgraded to Monterey

Running ATEM Mini Pro with Software Control version 8.6.4

Upgraded to most recent ATEM firmware as well.

Can't interact with Software...pressing buttons on the screen does nothing. Can't adjust chroma (can't even click on the tab)

Others have this problem?

BennoZ

Re: Software Control Unresponsive after upgrade to 8.6.4

PostTue Feb 08, 2022 2:12 pm

Yes, I also have problems with Monterey. When I click a tab or an item nothing happens, I have to click very hard on my trackpad. Other apps work fine on my MacBook. Also the red and green Program and Preview lights are sometimes darker and sometimes brighter. And all buttons are not very responsive. It happens with version 8.6.3 and 8.6.4

Daryl Toops

PostTue Feb 08, 2022 3:53 pm

You should never immediately upgrade to the latest buggy Apple OS. This goes double if you have working software that pays your bills. This isn't 2014 which was the last year that Apple still cared about their OS "just working" with all current apps.

Apple's quality control is so poor now, you really should wait until the .7 release or later, so they can patch all of the problems that you are alpha testing for them. Was the ATEM control working for you with Big Surly? Revert to that until their latest train wreck is more mature.

Mac user since 1987.
Resolve Studio 17.4.5, Threadripper 24-core, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB NVMe, Nvidia FE RTX 3080 10 GB. ATEM ME ISO.

BennoZ

PostTue Feb 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Well, Monterey is from October 2021 so that's 4 months ago. I never upgrade immediately but I had software problems with Catalina so I had to upgrade.

Return to Live Production