disable audio on aux out

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

andisailer

disable audio on aux out

PostSat Dec 04, 2021 4:39 pm

Hi there,

I know you can't make a seperate mix for the aux outs, but is it possible to disable / mute the audio on a specific aux out on the Atem Constellation?

If not, what would be the easiest way to turn a SDI or HDMI signal into video only?

We're using a Microsoft Teams Room System (Lenovo Thinksmart Hub) to integrate external speakers into live streams. We're sending an n-1 mix to them via an audio interface, but when I'm sharing content from an aux to the HDMI input of the Lenovo, they're getting the PGM audio including their own voice, which of course produces a feedback loop. It seems that I can't turn off audio sharing in the Lenovo, unfortunately.

AndyMcHardy

Re: disable audio on aux out

PostSat Dec 04, 2021 10:27 pm

You could try and audio to sdi embedder in line and just set it to overwrite the audio channels with silence..
Flypack 1: ATEM 1M/E 4K | Studio Converter | Camera Converter | Hyperdeck Studio Pro | 12x12 Cleanswitch | SmartScope Duo 4K | Teranex 2D
Flypack 2: ATEM TVS HD | Hyperdeck Studio Mini | SmartView Duo
Office: ATEM Mini

Dave Del Vecchio

PostSun Dec 05, 2021 10:57 am

Another option is to use a Decimator MD-HX to remap the audio channels (you could also use a Decimator 12G-Cross if you need 4K support). Since the ATEM only supports stereo audio on its outputs all of the other SDI audio channels will be blank (other than perhaps 13/14 or 15/16 if you are using the ATEM talkback system). So you could use the Decimator to swap channels 1/2 with channels 3/4 or any of the other blank audio channels.

And since it sounds like you already need an SDI to HDMI converter in the signal path anyway, the Decimator would let you do both the SDI to HDMI conversion and the audio remapping with a single converter.

andisailer

PostFri Dec 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Thanks for your ideas!
I think I found a way to disable the HDMI audio input in the windows control panel, still need to test in an actual event. If it doesn't work I guess I'll go with the decimator.

Return to Live Production