Dynamics and Equalizer on ATEM Television Studio HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Eric D.

Dynamics and Equalizer on ATEM Television Studio HD

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 9:25 pm

Hello,

I have been looking, (but have not found an answer) for a list of which ATEM models have the ability to adjust audio with an equalizer, limiter, etc? We have an ATEM Television Studio HD with firmware version 8.1.1 and software version 8.6.4 on our iMac . I have connected a USB cable and do not get any prompt to update the firmware when going through the update process. I realize not all software updates apply to our Television Studio HD.

Either my long usb cable is not working properly or these audio capabilities are not available for our model of ATEM.

What am I misunderstanding about ATEM Software Control?

Eric Doting
Attachments
Dynamic_Adjustment_Features.png
Equalizer & Limiter
Dynamic_Adjustment_Features.png (675.45 KiB) Viewed 781 times

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Dynamics and Equalizer on ATEM Television Studio HD

PostTue Dec 07, 2021 12:41 am

You are not missing anything, Blackmagic refers to these more advanced audio capabilities (dynamics, EQ, etc.) as Fairlight audio processing, but these features do not exist on the ATEM Television Studio HD.

The first switcher to include the Fairlight audio capabilities was the ATEM Television Studio 4K released in 2018, followed by the ATEM Constellation 8K and then the various switchers in the ATEM Mini lineup. I presume these features may require some kind of special hardware support as all of the ATEM models that include Fairlight audio processing had it at the time of initial release and none of these more advanced audio processing capabilities have been added to any of the earlier ATEM switchers via a firmware update.

If you look at the Audio Mixer section of any of the ATEM Tech Specs pages, it will mention if that model includes dynamics, EQ, etc.

Eric D.

Re: Dynamics and Equalizer on ATEM Television Studio HD

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 6:13 am

A sincere thank you for your answer to my question.

Eric Doting

Return to Live Production