Feature request: ATEM software control - addition

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Daryl Toops

Feature request: ATEM software control - addition

PostFri Dec 10, 2021 5:05 pm

My request is for the ATEM software control, on the Output tab, Live Stream palette. I would like 2 new entry boxes to enter the username and password. Currently, the only way to change this is to export-edit-reimport the .XML file.

If the streaming provider (like Facebook) cannot parse the streaming key (from the ATEM) with the username and password, then the ATEM output won't be allowed in. It is frustrating to press "ON AIR" on the ATEM and then have a remote admin tell you that nothing is coming through to Facebook Live. Not what you want to hear just before a scheduled event. Switching the streaming key for a new one doesn't fix anything either.

Allowing the username and password to be easily updated would also help in situations where a new operator may not have the expertise or patience to modify the .XML file during a streaming debacle.

While the included ATEM .XML generic Facebook entry worked fine back in September, it broke in October (when I suspect that Facebook changed a verification setting):

<!-- RTMP session username and password, if required by service
<credentials>
<username>test</username>
<password>abc123xyz</password>
</credentials>

I had failed streams in both Oct and Nov, and then only by digging into the .XML was I able to find the generic entries above. Perhaps now our Facebook live stream in Jan will be successful again.
Resolve Studio 17.4.5, Threadripper 24-core, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB NVMe, Nvidia FE RTX 3080 10 GB. ATEM ME ISO.

Daryl Toops

Re: Feature request: ATEM software control - addition

PostThu Jan 06, 2022 11:10 pm

Finally tested today, and loading an actual username and pw from .XML allowed the stream to connect and go live inside of Facebook. This fails when using the generic settings above.
Resolve Studio 17.4.5, Threadripper 24-core, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB NVMe, Nvidia FE RTX 3080 10 GB. ATEM ME ISO.

Daryl Toops

Re: Feature request: ATEM software control - addition

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 8:11 pm

Update. I did a live show on Jan 21, and started the pre-show 9 minutes before the scheduled "event" to record ISO files. The cache never went above 0 after I pressed the "ON AIR" button on the ATEM. The live stream was visible on Facebook at the scheduled start time, and it continued for 38 minutes to the program end without any issues. Watching today what got recorded on our page, there were no problems with video or audio.

Return to Live Production