Choppy Hyperdeck playback when exporting from resolve

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dsorbera

Choppy Hyperdeck playback when exporting from resolve

PostSun Jan 16, 2022 8:07 pm

I have a Hyperdeck Studio 2 plugged into a 2 m/e production 4k switcher and I use it to play back videos during live events and livestreams. I'm running the switcher and all cameras in 1080p 23.98fps.

Up until now I was using premiere pro on windows to export 1080p 23.98fps Prores 422 HQ files to play from the hypderdeck and everything worked great.

I just switched to a new Macbook pro with the M1 pro and I LOVE IT. I also switched to resolve (currently running resolve studio 17.4.3) since it runs like butter on the new mac.

Now for the issue.
I can't get ANY of my prores files to play back on the hyperdeck correctly. I have the same export settings I was using in premiere (1080p 23.98fps Prores 422 HQ 48k stereo audio) but when I load the files I export from the mac in my hyperdeck it plays back around 1 frame every 4-6 seconds.

The files that I export from the mac playback correctly in quicktime, in premiere, on both windows and mac. BUT they won't play back smoothly on the hyperdeck!!!!!

I don't understand what the issue could be. It's blackmagic software and hardware all the way through my pipeline...

Any ideas on what I can try or why this is happening? So far I've tried Prores 422 HQ and Prores 422 and every combination of audio codecs I can select during export in resolve.

*Not sure if this helps but I'm using the Sony A7siii shooting the 4k 23.98fps with the h.265 codec. I'm editing on a 1080p 23.98fps timeline in resolve.

-Daniel

iainslater

Re: Choppy Hyperdeck playback when exporting from resolve

PostSun Feb 27, 2022 3:23 pm

I have experienced the same thing since moving from Premiere on Intel Mac to Premiere on M1 Max Mac. It's like the hyperdeck is dropping frames but the files play back fine elsewhere. Have you found a solution to the issue?

tjibbe

Re: Choppy Hyperdeck playback when exporting from resolve

PostFri Sep 02, 2022 8:16 am

I have the same problem. No export from M1 Max runs well on Hyperdecks.

Return to Live Production