Hyperdeck HD Mini Freezing

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

AndrewDay

Hyperdeck HD Mini Freezing

PostThu Jan 20, 2022 12:53 am

I'm running into an odd issue using a couple of Hyperdeck HD Minis. The gist of the issue is that after going to the end of a clip the units will freeze up, not respond to any input, and require a restart to begin working again.

How to reproduce
Equipment:
  • A Hyperdeck Studio HD Mini (Firmware 8 or 8.0.3)
  • An SD card
  • An H.264 video file created on a computer (Adobe Media Encoder for me)
  1. Format the card, transfer the h.264 video file onto the card, insert the card into the Hyperdeck
  2. Press play to start playing the video
  3. Press search to go into jog mode, you should be able to jog within the video without issue
  4. Press the next or jump forward button to go to the end of the video clip
  5. Start using the jog wheel to rewind the clip or go back to the beginning of the clip and try playing it again. The Hyperdeck will freeze and require a restart to work again.
This has been very consistent in occurring with any video that didn't originate from the Hyperdeck. Length of the video doesn't seem to matter. Video will still be output on the SDI output, but is frozen on a single frame.

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Hyperdeck HD Mini Freezing

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 8:16 am

Playback of externally encoded H.264 video is not currently supported on the HyperDeck Studio HD models. See various other discussions about this in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=148297

AndrewDay

Re: Hyperdeck HD Mini Freezing

PostThu Jan 27, 2022 6:57 pm

Dave Del Vecchio wrote:Playback of externally encoded H.264 video is not currently supported on the HyperDeck Studio HD models. See various other discussions about this in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=148297

Huh, I didn't know that. Given that is works 95%, it's surprising that it isn't supported. Just did a test with a Prores render, my issue is gone. Thanks!

Return to Live Production