Ultrastudio Mini Recorder won't read camera in browser

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

blackmagicuser2022

Ultrastudio Mini Recorder won't read camera in browser

PostTue Feb 08, 2022 4:13 pm

Hi there,

I am using a MacBook Pro Version 11.5.2. I am attempting to live stream to Twitter, but I encounter many issues when I try and do this with my Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder...

Often times despite the Recorder being connected to my Mac by thunderbolt connector, the camera won't read in Google Chrome with my streaming software (Restream). On the rare occasions it does and I can select the Ultrastudio Mini Recorder from my dropdown within my streaming software, the camera remains black.

I have updated the latest Blackmagic software on my Mac. I tried my friend's computer recently and it connected without issue. Any ideas on why this won't work for me?

Thanks,

Harry

ctjhnsn

Re: Ultrastudio Mini Recorder won't read camera in browser

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 1:40 am

Hello Harry,

I started to have this same problem this week. Two weeks ago I live-streamed via Restream with my ultra studio mini recorder with no problem. But this week when I went to live stream (not having changed or updated anything), chrome would not pick up the camera. I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome as well as an updated ultra studio but still, it won't pick up my external camera. Have you found a workaround? I even called Restream for help but they said it's not on their end. They stated that they didn't make any updates. I'm stuck!

ChaseWebb

PostTue Jul 19, 2022 6:40 pm

Have either of you figured out a fix for this? I'm in the same boat. I have a UltraStudio Recorder 3G that is no longer recognized in Edge, Chrome, or even Safari. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop Video thinking it would fix things, but no luck. I have to use OBS to create a virtual camera input, which is becoming a serious pain. This all started fairly recently, maybe a month ago.

Casablanca

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 9:31 pm

Hello! I seem to be having a slightly different issue, my client is on an iMac and they can use the video feed on their desktop software called FastCapture (so I assume it has passed the Mac OS security requirements), but when I open Chrome the camera isn't included in the list of available cameras. Has anyone had this issue before please?

Return to Live Production