ATEM Mini Pro ISO + Sandisk Extreme 1TB never records

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Joaqo949

ATEM Mini Pro ISO + Sandisk Extreme 1TB never records

PostSun Mar 20, 2022 12:30 pm

Hello, first post and new to this. As the title says I have bought a Mini pro iso and a Sandisk ssd. I updated the firmware, connected all my cameras. It works fine but I press record and I get nothing. It recognises the disk when I plug it in but there is no reaction when I hit record. Am I missing something?

Joaqo949

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO + Sandisk Extreme 1TB never records

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 4:18 am

Can anyone please help?

davidW

PostThu Apr 07, 2022 12:45 am

I can't offer experience - I do want to know how to do this as I have a Mini Pro and want to explore adding recording directly to a USB disk. Commenting here to say I'm going to be trying to do this soon and if I can find an answer to help I will share it. (also hopefully my commenting and requiring post approval means someone else will see this comment)

Jan Valk

PostTue Apr 26, 2022 7:39 am

I own the Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD of 1TB. I bought it as V2 but that does not show on the box somewhere so I am not sure it actually is V2. In the official recommended list by black magic of ssd cards, only the Sandisk Extreme SSD V2 500GB is listed. It came out of the box formatted in ExFat. I never changed it. By head it is not formatted in 1024KB blocks as recommended in the Black Magic Atem Mini users guide. I previously shortly owned an Atem Mini Pro Iso and full 4 camera ISO recording worked perfect. I tested it running for an hour. I only short tested my now Atem Mini Extreme Iso and it seems to work just fine as well. So my advice would be to check how the ssd is formatted. It should be ExFat with 1024kb blocks according the Black Magic manual.
I first bought the Atem Mini Pro. Later the Extreme Iso. I record theater plays usually with 1 manned + 5 unmanned camera's. I try to create a live mix as much as possible so I only have to correct mistakes in post.

reputationmage

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 9:47 am

Jan Valk wrote:I own the Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD of 1TB. I bought it as V2 but that does not show on the box somewhere so I am not sure it actually is V2. In the official recommended list by black magic of ssd cards, only the Sandisk Extreme SSD V2 500GB is listed. It came out of the box formatted in ExFat. I never changed it. By head it is not formatted in 1024KB blocks as recommended in the Black Magic Atem Mini users guide. I previously shortly owned an Atem Mini Pro Iso and full 4 camera ISO recording worked perfect. I tested it running for an hour. I only short tested my now Atem Mini Extreme Iso and it seems to work just fine as well. So my advice would be to check how the ssd is formatted. It should be ExFat with 1024kb blocks according the Black Magic manual.

Hi Jan Valk,

Can you verify if you have Version 2 of SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD - Up to 1050MB/s - USB-C, USB 3.2 Gen 2 - External Solid State Drive - SDSSDE61-1T00-G25?

There is an original Version 1 of SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable External SSD - Up to 550MB/s - USB-C, USB 3.1 - SDSSDE60-1T00-G25

There is a recent price drop in the SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD Version 2 and if it works, I might invest in one.

Thanks!

mjoliver3263

PostFri Sep 23, 2022 7:27 pm

reputationmage wrote:
Jan Valk wrote:I own the Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD of 1TB. I bought it as V2 but that does not show on the box somewhere so I am not sure it actually is V2. In the official recommended list by black magic of ssd cards, only the Sandisk Extreme SSD V2 500GB is listed. It came out of the box formatted in ExFat. I never changed it. By head it is not formatted in 1024KB blocks as recommended in the Black Magic Atem Mini users guide. I previously shortly owned an Atem Mini Pro Iso and full 4 camera ISO recording worked perfect. I tested it running for an hour. I only short tested my now Atem Mini Extreme Iso and it seems to work just fine as well. So my advice would be to check how the ssd is formatted. It should be ExFat with 1024kb blocks according the Black Magic manual.

Hi Jan Valk,

Can you verify if you have Version 2 of SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD - Up to 1050MB/s - USB-C, USB 3.2 Gen 2 - External Solid State Drive - SDSSDE61-1T00-G25?

There is an original Version 1 of SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable External SSD - Up to 550MB/s - USB-C, USB 3.1 - SDSSDE60-1T00-G25

There is a recent price drop in the SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD Version 2 and if it works, I might invest in one.

Thanks!

Hello..I'm having the same problem..ATEM sees disc but won record..SanDisc Extreme 1TB..reformatted 3 times to Ex Fat and OS Journaled...Anyone have ay ideas?..

mjoliver3263

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 4:43 pm

I solved it by using a short usb cable...I was using a 6ft cable ..switched to using the short cable that came with the SanDisc and it recorded no problem..Hope this helps..

Return to Live Production