TVS Multiview out is Dead

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kbraj

TVS Multiview out is Dead

PostTue Nov 26, 2013 11:49 am

Hi all,
For some months now the HDMI multiview output on my TVS had stopped working so I resulted to using an SDI to HDMI converter from the SDI multiview on TVS to my HDMI monitor. Now the SDI multiview on the TVS has stopped working also. I upgraded to 4.2 just before an event but midway the SDI output stopped working.
Any ideas on what i can do? all other ports are working fine except HDMI and SDI mutiviews.
kbraj.

Justin Strauber

Re: TVS Multiview out is Dead

PostTue Nov 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Have you contacted Blackmagic support directly? It sounds like a hardware failure more than anything else.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 26, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm curious as to why when you encountered your first issue that you didn't contact support at that time. That being said, I would call/email your local support. Contact for them can be found on the support tab on the main page of the website.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Sharyn Ferrick

PostTue Nov 26, 2013 10:00 pm

One of the things that surprised me was to learn that basically outside of more mechanical things like connectors, BM really has no capability to repair, so pretty much if you are out of warranty and it is more of an electronic problem, it's time to buy another unit. I guess it is the downside to the high degree of automation and low cost production

Sharyn

kbraj

PostWed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 am

Tony Rivera wrote:I'm curious as to why when you encountered your first issue that you didn't contact support at that time. That being said, I would call/email your local support. Contact for them can be found on the support tab on the main page of the website.

Thanks Tony,
my TVS unit was bought and sent to me from USA and i have little or no contact with source. I am in Nigeria west Africa and the cost of sending back the unit is more expensive than the unit itself and moreover am out of warranty as one of the first people that bought the unit when it came to the market. Here we have little or no technical support, many are yet to embrace blackmagic and the resellers are not physically based in Nigeria so i have to get my BM products via contacts in USA and Germany. This was my reason for using the alternative sdi preview when the HDMI went bad.
i will take to your advice and still contact support since the problem is beyond was canbe handled in this forum. Thanks also sharyn for your contribution. You spoke my mind.
kbraj

Return to Live Production