ATEM SOFTWARE / HYPERDECK CONTROL

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

David Claverie

ATEM SOFTWARE / HYPERDECK CONTROL

PostMon Apr 11, 2022 5:01 pm

hi all
i want to male a configuration in an OBVAN with 10 hyperdeck
i want to know if its possible in ATEM software or other to control them (the 10 HyP) so start the REC for example t the same time.
on ATEM is if possible to see the 10 HYP ?
Sincerely
David
BMD Atem Constellation 8K
BMD Atem 2 M/E Advanced panel 20
BMD Atem 1 M/E Production Studio 4K
BMD Atem Television strudio Pro 4K
BMD Atem Control Camera Panel
BMD Camera mini URSA
BMD Camera 6K
BMD Studio camera 4K
BMD Studio Converter

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: ATEM SOFTWARE / HYPERDECK CONTROL

PostThu Apr 14, 2022 10:01 pm

The ATEM Control software only supports up to 4 HyperDecks. If you need to trigger simultaneous control of more decks than that, you might look into 3rd party control software such as HyperDeck Panel (https://iamjeffamato.gumroad.com/l/hd_panel) or perhaps the HyperDeck module for Bitfocus Companion (https://bitfocus.io/companion/).

All of the control options mentioned above use the HyperDeck Ethernet control protocol (over a local network connection). A second approach is to use an RS-422 deck controller, such as one from DNF Controls, JL Cooper, or Blackmagic's own HyperDeck Extreme Control.

All of the HyperDeck models have an RS-422 port which could be used with an RS-422 gangbox/distribution panel. And the half-rack width (HyperDeck Studio HD Plus) and larger HyperDecks, include both an RS-422 input and output port, which allows daisy chaining together multiple decks for simultaneous record or playback (without needing a separate RS-422 distribution box).

vanscurvy

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 1:39 pm

Hi Dave, I'm piggybacking this thread since your response addresses a similar question that I have. I have 4 x Hyperdeck Studio HD Mini's all networked together in a rack. I wish to trigger playback on all of them simultaneously. This is the only thing I need to do, so hoping to accomplish it in some streamlined and cheap way since I will not be able to get approval to purchase the Hyperdeck Extreme Control. I will give HyperDeck Panel and Bitfocus a try, but It sounds like you are saying this may be possible with the ATEM Control Software. Is that right? If so, does it require the presence of an ATEM switcher on the network, or could it control the Hyperdecks independently?

codedeltajames

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 3:24 pm

vanscurvy wrote:It sounds like you are saying this may be possible with the ATEM Control Software. Is that right? If so, does it require the presence of an ATEM switcher on the network, or could it control the Hyperdecks independently?

No, it requires the Atem. The Atem control software only controls the Atem - it's the Atem which does the actual communication with they Hyperdecks.

Return to Live Production