ATEM pro, youtube low data rate despite very fast internet

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

hasanabdulla

ATEM pro, youtube low data rate despite very fast internet

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 10:54 pm

Hello, Please help me, this problem is driving me so crazy, and I am in a very embarrassing situation with our audience.

I have been live streaming directly from ATEM pro to youtube, for nearly a year, and it has been so amazing with the stability with no buffering at all, even though choosing high quality which is 1080 30fps.

HOWEVER, in the last two weeks, I started having problems on youtube, with POOR data and too much buffering, even when I choose on the ATEM (low quality), I still get some buffering.

I get mostly this message (youtube is not receiving enough video to maintain smooth streaming) and I get a poor connection.

My Internet connection is Down 500 and Up 35! which is definitely more than enough for live stream. I have reset my router in case it is the problem, with no luck! I downloaded the last update of ATEM software, also with no luck in solving the problem :(

PLEASE HELP !!

Frank Engel

Re: ATEM pro, youtube low data rate despite very fast intern

PostTue Apr 26, 2022 12:18 am

Down shouldn't matter that much.

Have you run a speed test to verify that you are actually getting the upload speeds you expect to be, ideally testing around the time you would be streaming?

Is anything else potentially using your internet connection when you are streaming - no Torent clients running or anything strange like that?

michaelschutz

PostWed Apr 27, 2022 10:33 pm

I'm having the same problem, as are a number of people:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117185

I'm sorry to say there doesn't seem to be an easy fix, and it seems to be somewhat mysterious why it's happening. In my testing it might be related to my office's firewall/router settings, and I'm still trying to sort that out.

Other than that, I'm not sure there's much help to give right now, sad to say. The one thought is that there's a very recent software update (8.7) - I have to try that yet, but not sure if that's the cause/fix either.

michaelschutz

PostWed May 18, 2022 12:32 am

Just coming back to this with an anecdotal update.

I think I was right in thinking the issue at my office was related to the ISP-provided equipment. I updated to the 8.7 ATEM software and still was having problems. Got in touch with tech support wanting to do firmware updates to the main switch and router, because I can't do it locally for some reason. They did it recently and I just tested a little bit, and it all seems to be working properly now. I suspected my office setup because it worked fine at home so I was sure it wasn't a problem with the Mini Pro itself.

Just in case it's a help to anyone, we're on Shaw Business in Canada. If anyone else is having this issue, get your firmware updated and see what happens. It seems to have fixed it for us.

Return to Live Production