Streaming via URSA Broadcast G2

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

vanzlav

Streaming via URSA Broadcast G2

PostThu May 12, 2022 1:38 pm

I recently bought URSA Broadcast G2. I've tried to check possibility of streaming and I found some problem. I cannot find in "Menu" - "Setup" - a tap with streaming settings. Is there possibility to unblock this tab? Or maybe I have to update some software in the camera? Or maybe I have to connect something more than phone via USB-C and switch on tethering internet connection. Is there solution for this kind of issue?

I have standard softwere in version 7.5

Mike Ambrose

Re: Streaming via URSA Broadcast G2

PostFri May 13, 2022 12:45 pm

You'll need to update your firmware. Streaming on the UBG2 was introduced in 7.6.8 7.8 (thanks Tim)
Last edited by Mike Ambrose on Thu May 19, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim Schumann

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 19, 2022 11:03 am

7.8 Beta that is.

mix effects

PostThu Jun 16, 2022 4:23 pm

Hi,

I just made the update, but in the streaming menu I can't find the streaming bridge as platform is that normal?

I want to stream from the cam to an ATEM through a streaming bridge is that possible?

thx

Mike Ambrose

PostThu Jun 16, 2022 10:32 pm

The Broadcast's ability to stream is based on configs (many of which are built into the camera).

Since your streaming bridge could be literally anywhere in the world you need to create the config file for your specific streaming bridge / IP combination. (Using your bridge in different locations may require you to create a new config file).

To do so, you'll need the ATEM desktop software. Open the ATEM Setup application and plug your bridge in using USB. After entering your desired settings you'll save/export the .xml file and place it on an SD card.

On your camera there's a page under Setup where you can 'Import Settings' and then select your new .xml file. This will add your bridge as a destination to the camera.

Source: Pages 129-130 of UBG2 manual (https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... 0438010000)

Return to Live Production