ATEM Mini - build macro that STOPS a running macro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Parisontour

ATEM Mini - build macro that STOPS a running macro

PostFri May 20, 2022 6:31 pm

So I am doing a volunteer install at a church, trying to get everything set up for a volunteer to run easily. Part of this includes setting up a macro whose job is to STOP a currently running macro.

I did this for another church that had a 1/ME Blackmagic unit and panel. I was able to use the macro controls on the panel to access the Macro Stop button. The ATEM Mini has no macro start/stop buttons on the switcher and the software controls won't let me record a macro and then press the STOP "button" on the macro window, placing it in the macro. I've tried this but to no avail.

Is there anyone out there with access to any of the other Blackmagic switchers with a panel that could record a macro, hit the stop button under the Macros menu on the panel and then post the code for it? You'd have to Save As, Macros (only), look at the xml file and find the code for the macro (will be somewhere at the end of the file) then post that line of code.

That's the only way I see being able to do it and get the 1 line of code I need. Unless someone knows coding better than I do.

To further explain why this is needed for the setup:
Someone hits the wrong macro for a Lower Third and need to stop it in order to start the correct Lower Third. Part of this is also clearing the DSK, but I already have that part of the macro built.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

adamtow

Re: ATEM Mini - build macro that STOPS a running macro

PostSun May 22, 2022 12:34 pm

Only one macro can be running at a time, so all you need to do is to create a blank macro. Running that when another macro is running will cause the running macro to stop.
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

Parisontour

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 6:51 pm

adamtow wrote:Only one macro can be running at a time, so all you need to do is to create a blank macro. Running that when another macro is running will cause the running macro to stop.

Thank you Adam for the response, though not exactly what I need.

As I was asking in the main post, if someone that has a PHYSICAL Blackmagic Panel could record a macro that has the physical STOP macro button press in it, then post here, the lines of the code specifically for that macro, I would be highly appreciative.

Thanks to anyone who could take the time to do this simple little favor..!

Howard Roll

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 11:28 am

Does not compute. As soon as you run the “stop” macro the prior macro will have necessarily stopped. The stop command will only terminate the “stop” macro.

Good Luck

Return to Live Production