ATEM Mini not responding to Software Control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

monkton

ATEM Mini not responding to Software Control

PostTue Jun 07, 2022 8:00 pm

Greetings hive mind, really hope you can help me:

ATEM Mini connected to my mac via USB.
ATEM setup application recognises the mini is connected
Software Control will launch but no matter what i do it wont remotely control the ATEM mini. I cant switch inputs which is less of an issue, its more that i cant adjust ay of the Upstream Key stuff or make any changes via the software.

Previously had an ATEM Mini Pro on the same mac and everything worked fine. Since downgrading to the standard mini i uninstalled and reinstalled the atem software (twice by this point incase that was somehow the issue)

No matter what i do i cant get the software to control the mini.

Can anyone help????

WahWay

Re: ATEM Mini not responding to Software Control

PostThu Jun 09, 2022 6:38 am

I have the ATEM Mini Pro ISO for awhile but being new to live streaming I havent used it yet and all this setting up and problems is putting me off even though I want to get into live streaming.

I've just ordered the Atomos Zato which looks like a simple all in one solution, maybe I could try and get the ATEM Mini to work with the Zato as some kind of multi cam switcher.

needsupport

Re: ATEM Mini not responding to Software Control

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 8:49 pm

Welcome to the my USB doesn't work for anything club. My ATEM mini pro less than 2 years old and used about 6 times. Can't control through USB, can't use USB for webcam, can't record through USB. Tried on brand new Dell XPS Creator laptop using the Thunderbolt hub, then without the hub using C to C cables. Then tried on my Lenovo laptop using hub and without hub. Then on Dell Latitude Win10, then finally on my desktop Win10 computer. Tried with at least 8 different C to C and C to A cables. I know the cables work because I can put the ATEM in recovery mode and it will push the firmware to to the ATEM up to 99%. That's where the setup program is waiting for ATEM to reboot and connect but it always fails at 99% and never sees the ATEM. Tried 8.9, 8.8, 8.71, 8.7, 8.6?

Sending back at my cost to see how much they'll charge me to fix it since it's out of the 1 year warranty. Sure hope my ATEM Extreme ISO doesn't have same issue.

Return to Live Production