Triggering Simultaneous Switching

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

JakeHalfhyde

Triggering Simultaneous Switching

PostMon Jun 20, 2022 1:44 am

Hello,

Is there a way to include an ATEM mini Pro ISO in a ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K workflow to make use of the ISO rec + Davinci file features?

The client that’s wanting to find a way to include it currently has 2 x Studio Camera 4k Pro’s running Poe+ to studio converters, then SDI to an ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4k, which is Controlled via a ATEM 1 M/E Advanced Panel + ATEM Software control. They also have a Hyperdeck Studio 4k Pro and a Web Presenter 4k.

I thought you could potentially convert the other SDI out from the studio converters to HDMI into an ATEM and if you could program the ATEM Mini to trigger switching simultaneously and probably would need to trigger recording as well.

So my question is, is it possible to program the ATEM mini to simultaneously trigger switching?

Howard Roll

Re: Triggering Simultaneous Switching

PostTue Jun 21, 2022 1:01 am

It's probably easier to tell an external device to control switching on both switchers rather than slave one to another.

That said the whole endeavor seems like a thought experiment. It's beyond easy to sync two clips in Multicam and you'll end up with a more flexible file than the Resolve DRP from the ISO will provide.

Good Luck

David_Anderson

PostTue Jun 21, 2022 2:34 am

I'll second what Howard said - it sounds like an experiment in misery for low quality recordings comparatively speaking.

I'd get some external SSD's like the Samsung T5's and plug them direct into the Studio Camera Pro and voila - ISO recording and you can select the quality you want to record in.

Best,

David
David Anderson
Leading Edge Multimedia
https://leadingedgemultimedia.com
(888) 336-LEMM

JakeHalfhyde

PostThu Jun 23, 2022 11:34 pm

I do agree with you there on it's not an ideal solution.
The client has little to zero knowledge of how to use Davinci Resolve or any editing software.
I believe it was the attractiveness of having all transitions ect done while streaming saved in that DRP file.
Making it a bit easier for her to make minor adjustments to the stream.

The T5 solution is what they were already going to run before this experiment popped up.
I'll steer them back to continuing with that.

Thanks for the help guys!

Return to Live Production