Blackmagic Deck Link and Camera Controls

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ch110m

Blackmagic Deck Link and Camera Controls

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 11:59 am

Sooo...

Im planing on buying a DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder.
I know from already owning a ATEM mini that it is possible to control the cameras zoom and other stuff directly via the connected HDMI cable.

My question now is: Is it possible in any way to do the same with the DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder?
Like connecting for example the pocket cinema 4k to the deck link card and controlling the same stuff as with the ATEM mini.

Thanks in advance for any useful information on this topic

Mike Ambrose

Re: Blackmagic Deck Link and Camera Controls

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 1:51 pm

There is no off-the-shelf blackmagic software for doing this. The SDK does support sending CCU data over SDI from a decklink card. I'm not sure about HDMI.

That being said - unless you're willing to dig into the SDK and write your own program the short answer is no.

ch110m

Re: Blackmagic Deck Link and Camera Controls

PostWed Jul 06, 2022 7:22 am

Mike Ambrose wrote:There is no off-the-shelf blackmagic software for doing this. The SDK does support sending CCU data over SDI from a decklink card. I'm not sure about HDMI.

That being said - unless you're willing to dig into the SDK and write your own program the short answer is no.

Thanks for the reply

Im actually willing to dig into the SDK since i am already programming since 7 years so this would actually be an option. Could you point me in the right direction by giving me maybe a starting point on how to work with the SDK or something?
Would be really great ^-^

Return to Live Production