Audio delay of >10 sec at HyperDeck's USB-C webcam output

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

michamaenneken

Audio delay of >10 sec at HyperDeck's USB-C webcam output

PostThu Jul 21, 2022 1:23 pm

I use a HyperDeck Studio HD Plus. There's an ATEM Mini Pro ISO connected to the HDMI IN, an HDMI splitter with two monitors connected to the HDMI OUT, a Zoom F8n audio recorder connected to the TIMECODE OUT and an Apple Mac Studio connected to the EXT DISK via a USB-C cable.

The HyperDeck records the ATEM Mini's program video on SD cards, and the recordings' video and audio is always in sync. Sometimes, though, the webcam output's audio is delayed by 10 seconds or more.

On the Mac, I run OBS to receive the input from the HyperDeck. Also, I run the DAW REAPER with a plug-in named ULTRASCHALL to receive the HyperDeck's audio input. ULTRASCHALL then outputs the audio to the Zoom F8n audio recorder via USB-C because the headphones are connected to the F8n.

The audio drift apparently occurs somewhere on the data's way from the HyperDeck to the Mac. There's only ever a minimal latency of the video, but when the latency of the audio occurs, it is significant, probably 10 seconds or more. It shows up in OBS, in ULTRASCHALL, in the F8n's recordings and on the headphones.

After starting up the whole equipment, there's no audio drift. It takes a while for it to occur, but once it does, it is significant immediately. I've been unable to find any indication of an overload of the Mac.

Do you have any idea what might cause this issue? If so, what might solve it?

Thanks in advance

jmallory

Re: Audio delay of >10 sec at HyperDeck's USB-C webcam outpu

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 12:45 pm

We did an event earlier in the week and noticed the same thing on USB-C port being used as a webcam on a Windows 10 laptop. 10-sec+ audio delay that snapped back to being insync 38 minutes into the event. The afternoon event also had a delay but never got back into sync. Luckily, the Zoom meeting was recorded but not attended so no harm, no foul.

bdunn62588

Re: Audio delay of >10 sec at HyperDeck's USB-C webcam outpu

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 7:26 pm

I have also encountered this >10 sec delay on audio. I've been taking a program SDI feed from a Roland Video Mixer, I then use the USB-C out of either a Hyperdeck Mini or Pro. The recordings (h.264) on the SD cards are synced perfectly fine. Anyone find a solution?

Return to Live Production