Triggering UltraStudio recording via ATEM SDI Extreme ISO?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kaddison2292

Triggering UltraStudio recording via ATEM SDI Extreme ISO?

PostThu Aug 04, 2022 3:52 pm

We're in the middle of spec'ing out a new studio setup, based around 3 Studio Camera 4K Pro cameras. The studio will be mostly focused on multi-cam recordings, but also needs the ability to do livestreaming on occasion.

I am drawn towards the ATEM SDI Extreme ISO due to the ability to do a rough visual cut of the content as it's being recorded, but still having the Resolve files and ISO recording from each input.

The problem being is that we need high quality inputs from PCs (2-3), as well as cameras, and desire a 4K workflow. My current thought is to do the HDMI->SDI conversion at the PC side using a 12G converter, and then going to an UltraStudio 4K Mini, which would be able to locally record the 4K footage on a thunderbolt-attached PC, and then using the loop out to send to the ATEM SDI Extreme.

I know the ATEM SDI can trigger each Studio camera to start recording to a local SSD, but can it also trigger an UltraStudio Device? Is there another way to get a high-quality recording of a PC input that I can replace the ATEM SDI footage with in the final edit?

Howard Roll

Re: Triggering UltraStudio recording via ATEM SDI Extreme IS

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 6:36 am

I’d go with the Hyperdeck 4k instead. Better IO, no computer needed, Atem control, 3G clean feed monitor out to the Atem.

Good Luck

Return to Live Production