Converting HDMI inputs to SDI for SDI Extreme ISO

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Old Roger

Converting HDMI inputs to SDI for SDI Extreme ISO

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 10:48 am

Hi, This is my first post here:
I'm installing a BM SDI extreme Iso at my church, to replace earlier HDMI versions.
We have SDI Sony PTZ cameras so no problem there, but when I route the pc output through a BM 3G SDI micro converter through another input no output is present and doesn't show on M/V. Pc is 1920;1080 still running Powerpoint, so using the extended desktop as usual, hope to see the normal feed to our projector (shortly to be TVs).
What am I doing wrong please, or is there another solution?
Thanks for all and any help.

ManchesterV

Re: Converting HDMI inputs to SDI for SDI Extreme ISO

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 3:08 pm

How long is the HDMI cable between the computer and the SDI converter? Up to 10ft is usually okay.

What is the refresh rate of the extended desktop set to? Ideally it should be 60Hz.

Old Roger

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 3:20 pm

HDMI length no more than 2 metres. Struggling to find output settings for Pc as the converter does not show up as second display, will look at graphics settings later.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 3:44 pm

Sounds like the converter is NOT getting broadcast resolution and framerates.

Is the LED next to the HDMI in and next to the SDI out both lit?? indicating it is a valid signal?

Really should check if the computer / laptop is not sending 75hz or some other weird oddball framerate.
Also in case of laptop. Often when you change the output mode of the laptop. ( screen / external / duplicate etc ) it might send out a 16:10 weird resolution into the BMD converter.. Which will end up not being converted..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Old Roger

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 10:05 pm

Sorted this afternoon by going carefully through the settings for the INTEL on board graphics and setting them to broamulti view outputdcast rather than IT.PC, an HP All in One, recognises the converter now as "Black Magic Digital".
One remaining challenge is to find a way of displaying the multi viewer output on a PC monitor; it's fine on a Sony 40" Wega Tv but won't work to a couple of PC mons I've tried. Used to be OK with the HDMI versions of the ATEM. Any suggestions please?

Return to Live Production