RTMP Server address change in ATEM Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

TFanch

RTMP Server address change in ATEM Mini Pro

PostThu Aug 11, 2022 6:48 am

I’m setting up an ATEM and a couple cameras for a church that wants to stream directly to their web site.
I got it working pretty well with the exception of one caveat. Every time a new stream is set up, the RTMP server url changes. It isn’t static like facebook Or YouTube. So to stream to the site directly the streams xml file has to be changed. This is Somthing I could deal with but I can’t expect the client to change the xml every time they want to stream, taking a risk of corrupting the xml file. Please tell me there is a way to cut and paste in the control software gui, the RTMP url for the stream service just like you can for putting in the key. I’m trying to set this system up to be easy as possible for the church to stream.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Jim Simon

Re: RTMP Server address change in ATEM Mini Pro

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 3:56 pm

Unfortunately, this still have to be done barbarically - outside the GUI.

The better solution might be to re-use the same streaming URL for all shows, embedding that into a new page for each show.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

TFanch

Re: RTMP Server address change in ATEM Mini Pro

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 4:22 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I would have no problem if I could do what you suggested to use the same url for each stream. However this stream service does things backwards.

For example, Facebook,YouTube etc use the same 1 or 2 server urls and send you a unique key that can be changed.

The Church host has a streaming service that when you go to set up a new stream, it gives you a new server url but you use the same generic stream key.

Blackmagic needs to just add a simple field in the gui for custom RTMP server urls instead of discreetly defining servers in an xml file that a vast majority of users won’t bother to mess with.

Return to Live Production