ATEM Mini ISO and structure of Resolve Projects

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Darryl

ATEM Mini ISO and structure of Resolve Projects

PostSat Aug 13, 2022 3:29 am

I am struggling to understand fully the structure of the projects and particularly the timeline created by the ISO version of ATEM. I have looked but unable to find any information beyond a basic level. If anyone knows where to find the detail, please point me in that direction.

Based on the "suck and see" method of learning, my current understanding is timeline is oriented more towards the Cut Page than the Edit Page. All the source files - video and audio - are recorded in the project in the Media bins, but I can't see either a Sync Bin in the Cut Page, or Multicam in the Edit Page that links all these together.

I need to re-edit completely the beginning of the last event we were at. The house audio that we were using was not working properly and we decided to get the meeting started and catch up with sound and video as we went along. In short, I have the video and audio required, but not on the timeline, and I am staring at manually creating a Sync Bin/Multicam in order to get the replacement video in the right timecode position. While we were figuring out the audio, the program output was not set to the correct camera. We have the ISO and raw footage, but it's not on the timeline.

I am also confused by the way the timeline was created. In this gig, we ended up with 3 BM cameras and 2 computers as video sources. (One computer was the PowerPoint presentations etc of the speakers, the other was the Zoom livestream.) On the timeline, all the BM cameras are combined on Video 1, yet the 2 computers each have their own separate timelines. Why the difference? If I even had the three cameras on individual lines, I could make the changes I need to make. I see

There is a bin created for the Blackmagic RAW files, but it is empty. I was expecting it to be empty as the ATEM has no control over the raw files, but how do I put the raw files in that bin in a way that links them to the ISO files created on the ATEM?

I am confused...

Darryl.
Darryl Severn
The Videoverse by Darbeth
Livestreaming, Conferences, Info & Education, Events

Kit:
BMPCC 4K, Studio Cam 4K Pro, ATEM Mini Extreme ISO, Resolve Studio
DJI Inspire 2, Panasonic HCPV100,
Behringer XR16, Sennheiser XSW

Return to Live Production