Hyperdeck 4k Pro & ATEM Studio 4k Known Issues

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

HannaTur

Hyperdeck 4k Pro & ATEM Studio 4k Known Issues

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 9:41 pm

After 8 months I finally got someone at Blackmagic Support to admit their Hyperdeck Studio 4k Pro does not output useable audio on either of the two clean SDI outs. That means the 4 Hyperdecks connected to our ATEM Studio 4k are worthless.

Today I was told by BM support to buy their $125 Bi-directional SDI/HDMI adapter and loop the SDI signal to the ATEM... That didn't fix the problem, but Blackmagic made $250 ontop of the $6,200 for the Hyperdecks.

To summarize, after months of troubleshooting-even buying another Hyperdeck-the problem can't be fixed. Blackmagic is knowingly selling equipment they know doesn't work. Support confirmed this to me today stating the audio incomprobility is a "known issue.

Our news studio here in Silicon Valley is dead until we find an alternative. In the mean time I'm scheduling a conversation with our corporate lawyer. Sad, because I used to be Grant Petty's biggest fan. I spoke with him at the last NAB and it was like meeting Steve Jobs. While I know he means well, he, nor anyone else in broadcast sales should be marketing equipment known not to work as intended. Same is true with OWC and their SoftRaid software that's incompatible with the current MacOS.

Anyway, if anyone has found a workaround please let me know. Thanks.

Xtreemtec

Re: Hyperdeck 4k Pro & ATEM Studio 4k Known Issues

PostWed Sep 28, 2022 4:36 pm

What do you mean by "not output useable audio on either of the two clean SDI outs. "" :?:

We have 8 of these decks and i have not finds issues yet.. Running those with Atem Constellation 8K.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Hyperdeck 4k Pro & ATEM Studio 4k Known Issues

PostWed Sep 28, 2022 10:08 pm

Another question is: what is the source for the video/audio content being played out from the HyperDeck?

Was the video recorded internally on the HyperDeck? Was it externally encoded on a computer? What is the video codec used, ProRes, DNxHD/HR, H.264, H.265? What is the audio codec used, PCM, AAC?

There are a lot of different variables, some of which could affect the end result.

Return to Live Production