MinirecorderHD doesn't capture output from nVIDIA cards.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

a_valori

MinirecorderHD doesn't capture output from nVIDIA cards.

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 7:55 am

Hi all, I'm trying to figure why I can't capture video output from nVIDIA cards in any combination of resolution/refresh rates. I have a lot of MiniRecorder (not HD) cards used to capture and stream via OBS OpenBroadcastSoftware custom contents to our customer. We have a fully functional set of Hardware based on Intel platform, MS Windows 10 21H2 OS, nVIDIA GTX1050/GTX1050Ti cards, Minirecorder cards and BMD software ALL updated to latest versions and this configuration works fine with great results. Now our BMD supplier sends to us a set of MiniRecorder HD cards because the non-HD version is out of market. The same HW configuration with the new Minirecorder HD doesn't recognize video output from nVIDIA cards above so OBS shows a black screen and BMD Desktop Video Setup doesn't show video input at all. In another try, if I connect the Minirecorder HD to another PC (an Intel NUC), video output from the Integrated Intel HD graphics (with the same advanced video settings in Windows for both video cards) is recognized and grabbed; the only way to grab video output from nVIDIA cards is to add an HDMI EDID emulator between the Minirecorder HD and HDMI output of nVIDIA card like this one: Assmann DA-70466 Digitus (see it on Amazon marketplace, I can't add URLs).
Can someone help me in order to solve? Maybe a new firmware for the Minirecorder HD or a new driver?

Thanks in advance for you reply, Andrea.

bernhard_h

Re: MinirecorderHD doesn't capture output from nVIDIA cards.

PostWed Dec 28, 2022 4:46 pm

Hi,

any update on this?

I have a Mini recorder HD which can not capture output of a NVIDIA GTX1080.

a_valori

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 8:21 am

Hi, after hours and hours spent in trying to solve this issue and after opened a thread with nVIDIA support, finally I change the video card from nVIDIA to ATI and issue goes away. By the way, last drivers from nVIDIA worsts the situation because the PC hangs if you attach a MiniRecorder HD instead of black screen on captures. The only workaround with nVIDIA cards (the same issue arises with an nVIDIA T400 card) is use a DP to HDMI adapter from Amazon Basics (please note that ONLY with that adapter the MiniRecorder HD can grab output from the video card) and connect the MiniRecorder HD to the Display Port instead of the HDMI port. Now I'm using an ATI RADEON RX6400 4GB and all work fine.
Hope this helps, Andrea.

Raphaël Jacquot

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 9:05 am

can you adjust the video format going out the Nvidia card ?

bernhard_h

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 10:02 am

yes, i can change the format, but the Decklink Minirecorder HD card does not capture anything.

once i plug in a EDID manager, "it works"

Xtreemtec

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 10:18 am

You need to make SURE!! that you send a Resolution and framerate that is supported by the Minirecorder!!

Set your output to 1920x1080 Progressive 50 FPS. That will work we do it all the time!! ;)

But as soon as the FPS goes to 75hz or whatever because PC's like to output higher FPS. That will not work.

Also if your output is some weird non broadcast format like most laptop monitors 1920x1200 or whatever it wont work. Really need to match 1 of the supported resolutions mentioned on the website!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production