ATEM Pro 4K + SDI to HDMI 3G converter + Pocket 6K Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

fateh.shams

ATEM Pro 4K + SDI to HDMI 3G converter + Pocket 6K Pro

PostMon Oct 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Hi,

I have recently added Pocket 6K Pro camera to our ATEM Pro 4K mixer. The previous 3 cameras are URSA Mini Pro 4.6K Gen1 and no issues to connecting them with ATEM Pro 4K. Although both cameras and Mixer are 4K, our current setup is HD only, as we are using B4 lenses which are not 4K compatible.

Now to our issue, we have added now the 4th camera which is Pocket 6K Pro with SDI to HDMI 3G converter to control the camera settings. Pocket 6K Pro camera is also setup in HD. But whenever I connect the HDMI cable, the camera jumps back to 6K BRAW. I can switch back to 4K DCI mode (17:9) or 2K DCI mode (17:9) but am not able to select UHD or HD 16:9. ATEM can scale down it properly but leaves the thin black bars (letterbox) on top/bottom.

From ATEM I am using 2 SDI cables to the 3G converter and tried to swap the SDI cables and HDMI cables too. No issues there. Also updated to the latest version for ATEM software, Converter software and camera software. I can control the all camera settings without any problem.

The only issue is that I can NOT change the camera setting to HD or UHD only (16:9). Am I doing something wrong or this is the reported bug?

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM Pro 4K + SDI to HDMI 3G converter + Pocket 6K Pro

PostMon Oct 31, 2022 2:47 pm

This is a long known bug.. Seen this reported several times but seems to have no priority to fix... :?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

patc124

Re: ATEM Pro 4K + SDI to HDMI 3G converter + Pocket 6K Pro

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 8:57 pm

Yeah, been having same issues on my end too with a combination of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K + Blackmagic 12G Bidirectional HDMI/SDI converter + ATEM Constellation 8K. You would think that it would all work, considering they're all in same ecosystem! A main reason I purchased this specific converter was to have remote shading possible, which is does work, but the letterbox issue as we switch from our pocket cinemas to the URSAs is a big let down. Sorry, just venting with you, lol Hopefully BMD is paying attention to this!

Return to Live Production