ATEM Mini Pro Will Not Stream to YouTube

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jmalcolm

ATEM Mini Pro Will Not Stream to YouTube

PostThu Nov 17, 2022 6:40 pm

I have been using Elgato for years and have done quite a bit of live streaming. I purchased an ATEM Mini Pro. I have it all set up and running locally with no issues. But when I try to stream to YouTube it simply flashes ON AIR and YouTube shows no sign of receiving a signal. I have tried this on different laptops, different YouTube accounts, trying a bunch of different scheduled event keys and immediate live keys, using my phone's hotspot and my office internet. Nothing. I can go old-school and plug a USB from the ATEM to the laptop and do a YouTube 'webcam' stream. My internet is not down. My internet speed is more than adequate. My ethernet hookup to the ATEM software seems fine,. I even turned off Windows Firewall just in case. I have a technical background and can debug things. But a log somewhere, a message popup, or just some kind of suggestion would sure beat shooting in the dark. I have an event tomorrow. Backup plan is to the webcam thing. But I really would like to use the new ATEM as it was intended and do a real stream. What am I missing? Thx.

MmonkeyDX

Re: ATEM Mini Pro Will Not Stream to YouTube

PostSat Dec 03, 2022 11:32 am

I have the same problem. Two days trying things but nothing. Maybe is a software problem?

DeltaWaterBravo94

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 5:13 pm

jmalcolm wrote:I have been using Elgato for years and have done quite a bit of live streaming. I purchased an ATEM Mini Pro. I have it all set up and running locally with no issues. But when I try to stream to YouTube it simply flashes ON AIR and YouTube shows no sign of receiving a signal. I have tried this on different laptops, different YouTube accounts, trying a bunch of different scheduled event keys and immediate live keys, using my phone's hotspot and my office internet. Nothing. I can go old-school and plug a USB from the ATEM to the laptop and do a YouTube 'webcam' stream. My internet is not down. My internet speed is more than adequate. My ethernet hookup to the ATEM software seems fine,. I even turned off Windows Firewall just in case. I have a technical background and can debug things. But a log somewhere, a message popup, or just some kind of suggestion would sure beat shooting in the dark. I have an event tomorrow. Backup plan is to the webcam thing. But I really would like to use the new ATEM as it was intended and do a real stream. What am I missing? Thx.

I'm using my Church's ATEM Mini Pro to Livestream via YouTube and Zoom simultaneously. So I know both YouTube and Zoom works with the ATEM Mini Pro, however the ATEM needs setup. Not trying to be Captain Obvious. YouTube output is via the network CAT cable on my setup, while Zoom gets it via USB to the PC and out via Zoom Meeting.

Have you did a copy and paste of your stream key into the ATEM software control yet? This is where you go to operate the ATEM switcher, audio, etc. on your computer (versus actual ATEM physical buttons). You'd need to open that software into the switcher tab, should be first on bottom left. From there, look at the top right for the Output tab. You should see a Livestream drop box for YouTube, etc. Choosing YouTube, you'll then have to paste your YouTube stream key found in your YouTube studio for your account.

I can be more specific when I'm sitting at the ATEM but I'm not at the minute. If you need the specifics, I can address it later this afternoon.

Lance Lewis

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 7:23 pm

I agree with what DeltaWaterBravo said above as well.

In addition, be very careful in pasting into the 'stream key' field in the atem software control panel. It's easy to accidentally not past correctly and not see what's wrong. More specifically, if there is already something in the 'stream key' field, make sure you use Alt A to select all of it and then over write it with your new stream key. A space, an extra letter, anything that isn't supposed to be there will cause it to not know where to stream to.
-Lance Lewis
Champion Video
www.ChampionVideoOnline.com
Neenah, WI

oniongarlic

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 7:46 am

Make sure the ATEM network settings are configured correctly, can you ping the ATEM for example ? Connect with ftp ? You can also try telneting to any of the other protocol ports that it speaks (9990, 9977 or 9993). If none of those work then you have a local network problem.
Check out my free and open software:
CutePocketRemote - https://www.tal.org/projects/cutepocketremote
CuteAtum - https://www.tal.org/projects/cuteatum

Return to Live Production