Saving Camera control settings on Atem Software Control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

SynTesla

Saving Camera control settings on Atem Software Control

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 11:21 am

Hello.
I have a studio setup (green screen) with 5 cameras, an ATEM 4M/E Broadcast Studio + Panel.
I use the "Atem Software Contro" to load the different stills I use for the background and the chroma settings on each camera. All settings are saved in an XML file that I can recall at startup... it's fine for now... although I think the chroma could be greatly improved.

I use the camera control settings on the software to control my 5 cameras (white balance, hue, etc...) and my question is how can I save my settings? When I save my Atem settings on XML, I check the "camera" option... but when I recall the settings, all my camera settings are gone... and I have to do it again for each camera.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BennoZ

Re: Saving Camera control settings on Atem Software Control

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 11:44 am

That’s how it works unfortunately. Users call it a bug but Blackmagic says this is an expected behaviour.
But I believe you can manually edit the xml file and add the parameters like WB, hue etc.

SynTesla

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 10:23 am

"an expected behaviour" Seriously ???
I have tried an XML edition, unfortunately, there are no WB or Tint parameters... I think I will make another post about that. Thanks for the hint!

BennoZ

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 10:41 am

SynTesla wrote:"an expected behaviour" Seriously ???
I have tried an XML edition, unfortunately, there are no WB or Tint parameters... I think I will make another post about that. Thanks for the hint!

You have to add this parameters by yourself. I don’t know the exact syntaxis but is is mentioned ‘somewhere’ on this forum.

SynTesla

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 11:30 am

Yes I have found the syntax for the WB wich is "ManualWhiteBalance" so now I can import the right WB settings but I still haven't found the syntax for the Tint and where It's supposed to be filled in... I guess it's in the ColorCorrection category

BennoZ

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 12:52 pm

SynTesla wrote:Yes I have found the syntax for the WB wich is "ManualWhiteBalance" so now I can import the right WB settings but I still haven't found the syntax for the Tint and where It's supposed to be filled in... I guess it's in the ColorCorrection category

Maybe you can try ‘ManualTint’?

SynTesla

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 12:57 pm

Nope.. tried that one and it don't work... also tried tint="**" in the ColorAdjust parameter, Tint as a parameter in the ColorCorrection category... also tried to add the tint value after the WB value in the "ManualWhiteBalance" value="5700, 23"/... :?:

DeltaWaterBravo94

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 5:48 pm

You're doing more in depth setup than I am on my ATEM Mini Pro, so I'm not sure if this helps. But you can give this a try.

Within the ATEM switcher control, on the top left will be a dropdown menu for Files, etc. Just below halfway down is the option to Save Startup State or very similar. I will click that save startup state to create a default startup state. On mine, this saves and then loads which of my cameras is in preview, has my Livestream splash screen as live, audio settings, etc., on every startup.

Quite literally, when you click save startup state, whatever is active on the ATEM when you click it should be what the ATEM starts to the next power on.

BennoZ

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 6:22 pm

….except the Camera Control setting.

DeltaWaterBravo94

PostWed Jan 04, 2023 7:03 pm

OK copy that. Sorry I didn't have a good, usable solution. Sometimes my bit of knowledge is helpful, other times it makes me dangerous.

8-) :shock:

DavisJones

PostThu Jan 05, 2023 6:37 am

i recorded a macro and adjusted all my cam settings. you can then save that as an xml. and recall it into any other saved setup. i manually run the macro whenever i startup.

and if you want to learn what command in the xml does what, just record a macro and only change a single setting, then save it and look at it. once you figure out what settings you need and which you dont, you can start to customize your macros within the xml since BMD doesnt seem to want to build a UI for editing macros like many competitors have.

Return to Live Production