Servo Zoom, Iris & Focus Control to Micro Studio 4K

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

DakodaHuber

Servo Zoom, Iris & Focus Control to Micro Studio 4K

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 12:45 am

So we are currently using 3 Micro Studio 4Ks for live production and using the ATEM 2M/E Constellation with a switcher and shader controller. We've realized that we should be able to change focus/iris/zoom on the Micro Studio 4Ks from the shader but recognize we need the right setup. I've seen lots of people talking about needing one of the four specific MFT lenses with servo zoom, but would these lens options also give us iris and focus? The lenses in question being:

Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Power O.I.S. Lens
Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4.0-5.6 Zoom O.I.S. Lens
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ Micro 4/3 Lens
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Micro 4/3 Lens

So if we properly run SDI in/out lines and using one of these four lenses, should we be able to get all of zoom/iris/focus control from the shader? I'm also seeing that the LANC output from the Expansion cable is what gives this control. So do we need that as well? We're just a little lost and haven't found a lot of sources online with answers.

Summary Question: What do we need to get remote zoom/iris/focus control from a Micro Studio 4K to a Shader panel, and is it just a specific lens?

Howard Roll

Re: Servo Zoom, Iris & Focus Control to Micro Studio 4K

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 1:45 am

You don’t need lanc, these lenses are all plug and play. Focus, iris, and zoom through the mft mount pins.

Good Luck

DakodaHuber

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 1:47 am

Howard Roll wrote:You don’t need lanc, these lenses are all plug and play. Focus, iris, and zoom through the mft mount pins.

Good Luck

Oh fantastic! And do you know if these are the only lenses with all control? As my understanding is the servo zoom is the big hold up and these are the 3 MFT with it.

Howard Roll

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 1:50 am

Those are the ones.

Good Luck

Return to Live Production