ATEM Extreme ISO: TC + Genlock + Start/Stop+ EXT Audio

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

fhuq8618

ATEM Extreme ISO: TC + Genlock + Start/Stop+ EXT Audio

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 6:48 pm

Gear :
(3 x Timecode systems Ultrasync One) + ( 3 x BMPCC4K) + External Audio recorder (Tascam 701D)

Here's the flow I would like :

Master ultrasync One feeding timecode/word clock into Audio Recorder via the BNC timecode In input. Master transmitting timecode to students.

Student Ultrasync one receiving timecode and feeding into Atem Extreme via the Mic 1 or Mic 3 input.

Atem Extreme passing on received timecode + Genlock to all Cameras.

Atem extreme sending Start/Stop recording + Iso recording signals via HDMI.

Atem Extreme Start/Stopping recording on Audio Recorder (Tascam 701D) via the HDMI input on the Tascam.

Alternative to previous step : Start/Stop on Tascam Audio triggers Atem Extreme to start/stop all the cameras.

Bring in the MultiCam project into Resolve + Bring in ISO RAW files from the cameras.

Switch out 1080p footage from multicam project with RAW files from the ISO recording.

Bring in Audio from the Tascam recorder to resolve.

Synch Audio via Waveform.

Profit.

I have a feeling this won't be possible- but I'd like to where/why it is not and what I'll need to make it work, or if it is just a non-starter?

This post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=114845
(I can't post URLs)
seems to suggest I need a Micro Converter HDMI to SDI 3G/12G and teranex mini sdi to hdmi 12g to get the Timecode out of the Atem Extreme.

I'm wondering if I add these two to the mix whether I'll still be able to use the start/stop recording functions on the Atem Extreme or on the Tascam

I have everything except the Atem Extreme already.

Sorry for the long post. Thank you.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (372.59 KiB) Viewed 333 times

fhuq8618

Re: ATEM Extreme ISO: TC + Genlock + Start/Stop+ EXT Audio

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 6:23 pm

Just wanted to add an answer to my own question since i solved the problem somewhat :
I had to take out the ultra syncs out of the equation.
I used a J tech HDMI splitter to split the signal coming out of the Atem mini to send the timecode to the Audio recorder. that was the only way I could get all the gear to be on the same timecode (atem mini's).
I can trigger recording on the cameras from the atem , but that does not trigger the audio recorder. I have to start recording audio first, and then start recording the cameras.
hope this helps someone.

Return to Live Production