Setup help with micro converter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

david.mik

Setup help with micro converter

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 4:03 pm

Hi, I am currently running an ATEM 1/ME Constellation HD switcher with a dedicated output (output 1) for our Church's projector at the front of the house.

The projector is connected about 20 meters away from the broadcast station by an SDI cable and then using a micro converter (SDI - 3G HDMI) to our projector. We were using a different brand of converter cause the tech guy who helped us set up the system told us that Blackmagic Designs didn't work well for them so they recommended a different brand. We were running fine for about 2 months when the converter went out on us just this past Sunday.

So after a lot of trial and error, I've come to the conclusion that the problem is the converter itself so took out a spare blackmagic micro converter and for some reason this won't work either... but when I try to attach the converter to a PC monitor, it outputs fine! (the other brand's converter just didn't work).

So TL:DR, Is there a reason why the converter might work fine with PC monitors, but not with Projectors? They are both set to 1080p 60hz

Return to Live Production