Expand USB-C Port

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kmifflin1

Expand USB-C Port

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 4:55 am

I have a URSA G2 Broadcast that I'm trying to get the Zoom & Focus Demands, to work with a USB-C Drive and USB-C Ethernet. The Zoom and Focus work properly when they are Looped Camera -> Zoom Demand, -> Focus Demand. However if I loop the USB-C Drive out of the Focus Demand the drive does not show up. I purchased a Satechi 4-Port USB-C Hub and tried Camera -> Hub -> and then splitting from there to the demands and USB-C Drive, but I had very unstable results. Some time the drive mounted and would record, other time the drive mounted a froze me out of the menu, but most often the drive would not show up. I'm assuming this is a low power issue on the cameras USB-C port. Is there away that this could all work?

ER-audiovisual

Re: Expand USB-C Port

PostMon Jul 03, 2023 10:55 pm

I don't have a solution, but I would like to encourage someone/anyone from Blackmagic to respond to the original post made by @kmifflin1 over 7 months ago.

We recently purchased the G2 URSA Broadcast kit (with lens), zoom and focus demands, along with a Samsung 2TB external SSD - thinking we were getting a great set-up. It was a real kick in the pants to find out that there does not seem to be a way to use all three at once. It'd be nice to find out there is a way around this, although it likely means spending even more $$ on yet another add-on.

We'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on this matter.

>>BTW: another kick in the pants was finding out the camera cannot record to the two SD card slots at once, creating a sometimes necessary back-up. Every camcorder we've owned in the last 10 years can do this. Hopefully a future software update will include this necessary feature.<<

Thanks!

Return to Live Production