2 Teranex Mini Optical to HDMI 12G Converters-No HDMI Output

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

David Sheneman

2 Teranex Mini Optical to HDMI 12G Converters-No HDMI Output

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 4:40 pm

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with two different Teranex Mini HDMI to Optical 12G Converters. The problem is that no matter what I do I get no HDMI output, which is kind of the point of these converters.

Here's my setup:

ATEM Constellation 8K -> Universal Videohub -> Mini Converter Optical Fiber 12G -> 12G SFP -> single mode fiber cable -> 12G SFP -> Teranex Mini Optical to HDMI 12G -> HDMI out to input of LED wall processor.

I have the optional Teranex Mini Smart Panel installed on both HDMI converters and I'm getting signal on both LCD screens (and timecode from the ATEM). The upper left of the LCD confirms it's a 1080i 59.94 signal. In the menu I have Input Preference set to Auto and Bypass LUT selected. I've tried both settings of Clip HDMI output to legal levels and HDMI instant lock and still no output. I've tried several HDMI cables, all no longer than about 6 feet. I've also tested the HDMI output with a Blackmagic Video Assist with another HDMI cable, both of which have been separately confirmed to be working correctly elsewhere. The Video Assist doesn't indicate any signal is incoming, there's just nothing, no flickering, no trying to lock on to a signal, it's as if the HDMI cable just wasn't plugged in.

I spent about a half hour with tech support yesterday. He suggested trying the SDI input to see if it would output an HDMI signal, which it also did not do. We're currently running our system at 1080i 59.94, so easily doable with everything we have and our current set of cables.

Any thoughts about why we wouldn't be seeing HDMI output from two separate converters no matter what we try? These were both purchased from B&H just a few weeks ago so they're brand new. Could there be a bad batch of these converters and we happened to get two of them? Is there anything I'm overlooking?

Xtreemtec

Re: 2 Teranex Mini Optical to HDMI 12G Converters-No HDMI Ou

PostWed Nov 30, 2022 11:54 am

DUT. Send it back. We use these for the exact same reason and works fine.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

David Sheneman

Re: 2 Teranex Mini Optical to HDMI 12G Converters-No HDMI Ou

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 1:58 am

That's kind of what I figured. There aren't many configuration options so if I'm not getting HDMI out then it's clearly not working right. I asked our admin to start the return process. Thank you.

Return to Live Production