Painting Ursa Broadcast G2

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

box5media

Painting Ursa Broadcast G2

PostWed Nov 30, 2022 11:09 pm

OK .... I'm coming from the world of Sony. I am used to the Sony Z190 and Sony Z280. Been a lifelong Sony consumer when it comes to cameras. We are switching the Ursa Broadcast G2.

What are people doing for paint on these cameras in a strictly live environment? Are you guys using just the video setting and thats it?

I would assume you're changing blacks with the ATEM software. But are you doing anything else? Do you have a LUT you're using or more basic is better for straight to broadcast?

Curious as we are just starting in this with these cameras. Been in the business for about 25 years.
Tim Snyder
President
BOX5 Media

clonngren

Re: Painting Ursa Broadcast G2

PostWed Feb 28, 2024 7:58 am

Hi.

I am curiuos if you have found a good way to paint the ursa in a live envionment?

I come from the broadcast world and I find it very hard to do small adjustments to the picture. I think the parameters - lift, gamma and gain are are to "wide" and they effect a very large range of the picture.

I have tried to experiment with different LUTs but have not found a generic soulution yet.

Would be nice to hear your take on this.

Thomascavs

Re: Painting Ursa Broadcast G2

PostThu Feb 29, 2024 7:39 pm

IMG_1146.jpeg
IMG_1146.jpeg (124.5 KiB) Viewed 274 times
We use the BM Camera control with smart scope duo as shown in the attached pictures
4 x Ursa Broadcast with Studio viewfinder. Ursa Mini Pro 4.6k Ef. Ursa Mini 4k. Ursa Mini 4.6k. Television Studio Pro 4k. Hyperdeck Pro 4k. ATEM Camera control Panel. Autoscript EPIC IP 17. Constellation HD with Advanced panel

Return to Live Production