Seetec ATEM156

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Robert Suits

Seetec ATEM156

PostMon Dec 05, 2022 8:09 pm

We have an Blackmagic Mini pro, we just purchase a Seetec ATEM156 monitor, we have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 computer, if we run the Inspiron in to Blackmaginc works good, but if we run Inspiron first into the Seetec then to the switcher, the computer will not display, and one of the screen displays on the Seetec will start flashing.
any ideas

Bob Suits

mjottii

Re: Seetec ATEM156

PostThu Apr 13, 2023 3:35 pm

I seem to have a similar problem -- Mac to SeeTec and SeeTec to ATEM -- blanks out on the SeeTec after 20 seconds. I think it has to do with the HDCP encoded into the output of the Mac. Seems if you go to a splitter first -- then go to the SeeTec and then take the second split directly to the Atem (not using the split function of the SeeTec)-- all works. This defeats the purpose of the SeeTec -- unfortunately I think the SeeTec 156 has a major issue with HDMI with HDCP embedded. My SeeTec 156 will even ack wonky such as the menu won't come up and the buttons won't make the screen switch properly when I go direct from the computer.

I love the concept of the SeeTec -- but this is a pain -- I wanted it to eliminate the need for all the extra splitters....

dwx1958

Re: Seetec ATEM156

PostTue Jan 23, 2024 9:38 pm

Hello I have a Seetec Atem 156 monitor my camera is outputting 1050i
Component out into BMD ANALOGUE TO SDI
BMD SDI to HDMI 3G
I can see the picure in my ATEM MINI PRO ISO
I'm not seeing a picture in the Seetec Atem 156 monitor - is there a setting or firmware update that will make this work?
Or a cheap converter?

Thanks Dave

Return to Live Production