Reliability

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

box5media

Reliability

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 7:24 pm

I'm just starting in my journey with Broadcast G2. 2nd camera ordered.

I do a lot of events outside in the heat. Anything I should worry about or think about when it comes to heat dissipation?

What about leaving the Fuji lens on the camera during transport in a GREAT custom built case.

-Tim
Tim Snyder
President
BOX5 Media

Steve Fishwick

Re: Reliability

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 10:10 am

The B4 mount is very sturdy. I leave my lens on in a soft ENG Porta-Brace that I've had for years and used to carry a DSR-570 -perfect fit still. I've had no over heating issues so far, it has a fan that intakes at the top and extracts at the bottom, so as long as these aren't blocked, you should be fine - it's the same sensor as the 6K Pocket but it has a lot more space and mass to dissipate heat. It would be preferable if the intake was to the side, but I see no issue in using a light rain cover, if needed.
Last edited by Steve Fishwick on Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

LouisBacker

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 10:10 am

box5media wrote:
What about leaving the Fuji lens on the camera during transport in a GREAT custom built case.

-Tim

We leave our LA16 lenses on the G2s when flightcased for transit and in the warehouse store. Provided the camera and lens is snug-fit contour-foamed, it will be fine. We do keep large dri-paks in the camera case to minimise moisture.
2 x Sony FX9, 2 x Sony FX6, 6 x Ursa Broadcasts, 2 x Canon CR-N500 PTZeds with MRMC auto-tracking, ATEM CCU, ATEM TV Studio 4K. NewTek Tricaster TC1 and 460. Dataton Watchout, Reckeen 3D Studio & vMix 4K

Steve Fishwick

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 10:17 am

You can use rails and a lens support with the supplied mount, if you have a particularly heavy lens. I've not seen the need yet, although I have them.

Return to Live Production