ATEM Studio Pro 4K SDI Outputs - what are they outputting?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ivan Petrov

ATEM Studio Pro 4K SDI Outputs - what are they outputting?

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 12:07 pm

Hi all,

I intend to buy ATEM Studio Pro 4K SDI for my company needs for live covering sport events. I am trying to figure out what are the SDI Outputs 1 to 8 outputting actually? If all SDI outputs of this switcher, accept the Multiview and the AUX are giving only PGM/Preview signal, this will not work for me.

But, if every output from 1 to 8 actually gives the corresponding input signal (for example I want to output from Output 1 the Cam 1 signal, that enters via Input 1 and the same with the rest of the inputs), this will be perfect match. My idea is to get the separate camera feeds from the outputs of the switcher, send them to a PC with vMix for the replays and than return the ready replay signal as another input in the switcher.

Is this possible?

I would be grateful to have any expertise from colleagues with experience with this device.

Jan Roose

Re: ATEM Studio Pro 4K SDI Outputs - what are they outputtin

PostSun Dec 11, 2022 11:16 am

Hi,
I had the same setup in mind as you described.
I discovered after I bought the switcher that all 8 outputs reproduce the same signal as program out.

By design I understand that those signals are meant to send back to camera operators.

So not possible to replicate the input signals. Pity.

Regards.
Jan

Return to Live Production