Micro Studio 4K No Output Using Expansion Port 12V

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

DakodaHuber

Micro Studio 4K No Output Using Expansion Port 12V

PostWed Dec 14, 2022 3:44 am

We've currently got 3 MS4Ks running in our space and we've got 2 dummy batteries. Using the dummy batteries, the camera works great, no issues what so ever. But with our third camera, I'm using the 12V out in the expansion port with accompanying power and getting no signal. The camera's light turns white on the top but has no output on both SDI and HDMI. I've swapped around dummy batteries, cameras, and expansion ports and have found it is for sure the expansion port (we've tried multiple). I just don't understand how the camera has power (indicated by the light on the top) but isn't actually outputting anything. Please help!

DakodaHuber

Re: Micro Studio 4K No Output Using Expansion Port 12V

PostFri Dec 16, 2022 9:39 pm

Kim Janson wrote:"12V out "? You should use 12V in to power the camera. Did you try with the cable and power supply that comes with the camera? I can confirm it works just fine and as expected. If you have tried many cameras, maybe something wrong on your electrical connections.

Note also there is many ground pins on the expansion port connection, not sure if they are the same. Best to use the power pins the original cable that come with the camera uses.

Sorry I meant 12V into the camera. And the camera does not come with a power supply cable. Only a battery and the expansion port.

RobinRob

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 5:46 pm

DakodaHuber wrote:We've currently got 3 MS4Ks running in our space and we've got 2 dummy batteries. Using the dummy batteries, the camera works great, no issues what so ever. But with our third camera, I'm using the 12V out in the expansion port with accompanying power and getting no signal. The camera's light turns white on the top but has no output on both SDI and HDMI. I've swapped around dummy batteries, cameras, and expansion ports and have found it is for sure the expansion port (we've tried multiple). I just don't understand how the camera has power (indicated by the light on the top) but isn't actually outputting anything. Please help!

Which dummy batteries are you using? 12V Power for the dummys?

Greetings

Robin

Babs J

PostSun Jan 29, 2023 6:16 pm

DakodaHuber wrote:We've currently got 3 MS4Ks running in our space and we've got 2 dummy batteries. Using the dummy batteries, the camera works great, no issues what so ever. But with our third camera, I'm using the 12V out in the expansion port with accompanying power and getting no signal. The camera's light turns white on the top but has no output on both SDI and HDMI. I've swapped around dummy batteries, cameras, and expansion ports and have found it is for sure the expansion port (we've tried multiple). I just don't understand how the camera has power (indicated by the light on the top) but isn't actually outputting anything. Please help!

My initial thought is that the censor might have been blown. This thing about powering the camera up after the monitor when the output of the camera is connected to the monitor and are both on the same power source. But I may be wrong.
Ravensbourne: Broadcast Systems Technology; ATEM 1ME 4K, HyperDeck 12G, SmartScope, BirdDog Play 4K NDI Decoder, Web Presenter HD, DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo, Middle Remote. LattePanda Alpha 864 with DeckLink micro SDI Zoom, Apple TV 3rd Gen. for wireless GFX.

Return to Live Production