Zoom Demand - creating presets

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

tharden

Zoom Demand - creating presets

PostThu Dec 22, 2022 4:30 pm

I feel like I must be missing something very simple, but I just can't figure it out (and the Broadcast G2 manual doesn't address it).

With the Zoom Demand connected to a Broadcast G2 (and updated FW), the options for configuring the function buttons on the Zoom Demand controller include 'Zoom Preset A', 'Zoom Preset B', 'Focus Preset A', etc etc... I believe this functionality was also shown in Grant's release video for the Zoom/Focus Demands.
My problem is that I can't figure out how to setup those presets. I can easily assign the presets to the function buttons, but of course they do nothing because I haven't "created" the presets yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

tharden

Re: Zoom Demand - creating presets

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 9:23 pm

Finally got this figured out with the help of B&H. Want to share in case anyone else is having the same issue.
To store a preset, simply set the zoom/focus as desired, then hold down the desired preset button for a few moments (not sure of exact time, just give it a couple seconds). I didn't notice any visual indicator when the preset was saved, but you'll know just by pressing the preset button and verifying function.
This ability to store preset zoom and/or focus is an extremely useful feature.

Return to Live Production