Is there a cable like this one, but in reverse?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

eaperezproductions

Is there a cable like this one, but in reverse?

PostThu Jan 12, 2023 6:33 am

Is there a cable like this one, but in reverse? I can't seem to find one.

Typically you would connect a zoom controller directly to a Canon B4 lens, but the cable in the photo allows for people to connect the same zoom controller to their Sony EX camera and control it that way. That's cool and all, but I'm looking for the opposite. Something that allows me to use a controller like the one in the photo below with a Canon 8pin lens on a blackmagic or any other camera for that matter since this is really independant from camera body.

Is this something that's possible?
Thanks for your help.

Thomascavs

Re: Is there a cable like this one, but in reverse?

PostTue Jan 24, 2023 4:55 pm

There's a company called VariZoom that make extension cables for B4 lenses and various adaptors. I bought mine from cvc.de but here's a link to the company, hopefully they have what you want
https://www.varizoom.com/product-catego ... n-fujinon/
4 x Ursa Broadcast with Studio viewfinder. Ursa Mini Pro 4.6k Ef. Ursa Mini 4k. Ursa Mini 4.6k. Television Studio Pro 4k. Hyperdeck Pro 4k. ATEM Camera control Panel. Autoscript EPIC IP 17. Constellation HD with Advanced panel

Howard Roll

Re: Is there a cable like this one, but in reverse?

PostWed Jan 25, 2023 7:41 am

Varizoom is a good bet, they list the EX3 cable extension in the inventory. I looked for a solid minute and couldn't find the female Din connector that Sony used anywhere. An option is get the Sony extension, cut off the male, then solder the Canon connector on the other end as they are much easier sourced. You could look into having Varizoom make the cables as well but the setup fee might be a little steep. I had them make some cables last year and the initial setup was $399 for 100' and $1.80 per foot after. I worked with Wade and he was super helpful and accommodating.

Barring that, Varizoom makes an inexpensive Canon 8 pin zoom controller, as does Libec, and used 8 pin Canon zoom controllers pop up on eBay for sub $200 all the time.

Good Luck

Return to Live Production